Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spooky Halloween Mantle

I am enjoying a few days of stitching bliss. 



Day 1 start. This kit from Bent Creek actually came in three parts. It's done on 18-count linen over 2 threads with pearl cotton so it goes pretty fast. That a photo of the finished design at the bottom.




Here is the end of day 1. My owl now can fly and see and the cat must contend with a spider. I'm stitching in hand (without a hoop or frame). I may switch over to a charity project because I have time constraints on that and, since I won't get this done in time for Halloween this year anyway, I should save it for doing on an upcoming plane trip.



I'm really proud that I've finally figured out how to update my blog from my iPad. Now I can update when I'm out of town!


3 comments:

  1. The Halloween Mantle looks wonderful! I'm sure you could do your charity piece and finish this one in time for Halloween, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can probably get it stitched. However, finished is another thing. (sigh)

      Delete
  2. i really like this, very pretty - hope you find more time to stitch, sounds like you are busy

    ReplyDelete