Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going in the Water


Last night, I put the last stitches into a stocking for my future son-in-law. It's called Bad Landing, the design is by Sherrie Stept-Aweau from artwork by Rebecca Wood, published in A Cross-Stitch Christmas/Season of Joy. I worked it on 14-count white aida (design measures 9 1/2 x 17 inches) and every stupid square is stitched. Every one! It took me, an amazingly slow stitcher, 4 months to stitch. But once I get it sewn up Jonathan will have his very own handmade stocking. I'm washing it today and should iron it on Thursday or Friday.

I'll be working on White Queen (from the EGA) next as I've got a due date on that. I also promised to make a unity candle wrap for my daughter's wedding and if I wait too late it will be a nightmare! But my heart is yearning for And They Sinned.

I have And They Sinned all kitted up. I'm going to put it on scroll rods since the design is about four feet long when it's completed. Here's the fabric I choose with the threads spread out over it. I chose a gorgeous fabric from R & R (purchased from Stitcher's Paradise in Las Vegas) that looks like it's been sitting in some one's attic for several years. Of course, it can't be washed (I REALLY like this fabric so chose it anyway) so I'll have to be extra careful. I've been checking on how to make scroll rod covers to protect my piece. I'll make them up and show you how they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment