Saturday, June 1, 2013

Santa's Village

I've been working away on the Santa's Village piece from Cottage House.


Here is everything I've done so far. I chose to stitch it on the suggested 32 count Wichelt Lambswool linen, though now I wish I'd gone with a frosty blue color. I'm also using the buttons and will attach them after the piece is washed and pressed.






Here are the individual buildings.
Santa's House

Poinsettia Place

North Pole Post Office
Reindeer Stables-in process


Santa's Stocking Store

Mrs. Claus' Cookie Shop
Each house requires one or two skeins of a specialty floss so I've been adding to my stash at a nice slow pace. The threads needed for the next house are posted on the Country Cottage Needleworks website before the chart is released so I have time to have it ready before I receive the chart. I'm getting monthly shipments from Beach Cottage Stitchers and am very happy with the service.

1 comment:

  1. Your Santa's Village looks wonderful, Ruth! How fun to get new specialty floss for each design!

    ReplyDelete