Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mixed Metals Peyote Cuff

So I'm spending a few days in Ventura on a personal stitching retreat. It's great to have serious uninterrupted time to stitch. This next project was a fund raiser from the Pacific Southwest Region EGA last year. 
It's called "Corrugated Mixed Metals Color Ribbon Peyote Cuff" designed by Sand Fibers by Carol Dean Sharpe. I've got another inch or so and the bead weaving will be done. Size 11 Delica beads and size 11 Toho beads are used to get this great texture.  I went to Creative Castle and picked up a clasp for it yesterday so I should have a second piece completed on this retreat. Yippee!

Today is the opening day for the Ventura County Fair. I'm going over to check out the needlework and other craft entries. More yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment