Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Winner's Circle

I was privileged to participate in a pilot class for a beaded project. When a designer has a new teaching project, they hold a pilot class to make sure that the supplies and written directions for future classes are correct. Carolyn Sherman has designed a necklace she will be teaching at the EGA national seminar in Louisville and it is just lovely.
It is called "Winners Circle." I haven't done much beading but her class was great and I was able to complete the piece on my own. I thought that that big ring was beaded around a plastic shaper or something. Nope, it's just bead weaving with needle and thread. Once again, I am awed by the creativity of a designer. I've seen the components this necklace uses but would never NEVER have imagined using them this way. Her seminar students are in for a real treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment