In an earlier post, I talked about how I'd decided to restart Around the World in 80 Stitches as I was unhappy with my fabric and thread choices. I finally got the new one finished! Here are both my original piece done on 32-count antique white fabric on top and the new piece done on 28-count fabric ecru fabric on the bottom. You can see the difference in thread color in the edge of the left heart and the big flower in the lower tulip.
After I told an EGA friend about my decision and my dismay about my wasted time, she suggested a use for the original piece that I really liked so I decided to finish it up. I did the "no-cut" hardanger and used petite green and gold beads on it. Now that I can see the effect of those color of beads, It sparkles!
Here is the new version. Since I am working this on Q-snaps I won't put the beads on until I'm done with all the stitching. I worked the hardanger as cutwork.
Here is a square done in Mordvinian Star Stitch. This stitch has three parts: first you stitch the outline, then a pulled eyelet over that, then a pulled square stitch. I kept forgetting the do that last step! Both this square and the heart were restitched at least once. I did this as a pulled stitch to get the lacy effect. Though I kept messing up I like the end result.
I bought this fabric from 123Stitch and I HIGHLY recommend this shop. I ordered the fabric late Saturday evening and I received it in the mail on Tuesday. It was serged and labeled. What great service!