Thursday, July 26, 2012

Around the World Part 3

Here is my Part 3 progress. After cross-stitching the outline I began the central diamond. First I completed the Satin Stitch "X" in the middle, then the four Buttonhole Wheels, then the Ukrainian whitework Faggoting around the diamond's edge. It's interesting that my eye sees the holes made in the pulled stitches and not the stitches themselves. Also, the bright pink stitching you see at the very top and bottom is Plaited Fly Stitch - and I did it wrong, so you'll see it quite different in the final photos.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing. WOW. I sure hope to get back stitching on this project next month. But seeing your progress is super encouraging. Love your colors you selected.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Ruth! I love seeing all of the specialty stitches, even though I have never tried them myself.

    ReplyDelete